By Admin : Black Deejay

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[ -- Helper Here -- ]
Please Register Before Read
And Please Support And Donate Malaysia Forum

Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it  Logo-214

By Admin : Black Deejay
[ -- Helper Here -- ]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it

4 posters

Go down

Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it  Empty Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it

Post by Black Deejay Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Google Chrome Speed Hacks--Squeeze a little more out of it

Usually things aren't at their peak performance out of the box.

Such was the case with Firefox 3.5 and how I showed you in a post at the old forum
that you could turbo charge it with a handful of tweaks.
They work equally as well with the now current 3.6.6 version.

I know there is an addon (FasterFox) that helps speed up Firefox, but it lacks
some of the things I show and at the time of the post it was incompatable then.

You can find that post here If Firefox just isn't cookin like you would like it too.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But Hey this is about Chrome.

So if you want to squeeze a bit more out of it, Heres some things to try.

But First I must state:

I have these settings set in Google Chrome and I am having No problems
But, As with any hacking you take the full responsibility for making changes.
I assume no responsibility!!

So if you are good with that, Let Rock!

Disables usage statistics of Google Chrome:

This option is used to help in Development of Google chrome, It send your usage data to Google so that based on that they can further improve Chrome. But if you are worried about system performance you should disable it.

To disable this go to tools menu > Options > Under the Hood and uncheck the check box which says "Help make Google Chrome better..."

Disable DNS Preload in Google Chrome:

This will prevent Google chrome to keep DNS info in the cache. Most of time it is unnecessary if you have a good connection of at least 256kbps or more. It is recommended only for slow dial up connection or Mobile users who actually spend a lot of time in DNS query during browsing.

To disable this go to tools menu > Options > Under the Hood > and uncheck the “Use DNS pre-fetching...”

Removes navigational data regularly:

All of the browsers cache the Navigation data and other info for faster access to web pages you frequently visit. But if your cache size is big or it contains very old pages which you hardly visit once or twice in a month it will start performing negativly for you, as web pages will load faster, the Browsers performance will get worse when navigation data is saved. So it is important to remove navigational data from the cache frequently.

To delete this in Chrome, go to Tools menu and choose option > Under the Hood > Clear browsing data... Select the Empty the cache tickbox, then at the "Clear data from this period" select Everything.

It is also good to clear the browsing and download history occasiomally there too.

Now we're going to get a little more techy, but you can do this. Really!

Disable Useless function which we don’t use normally:

The options that are mentioned below you need to edit the properties of Chrome shortcut which you are using to start the browser.

To Change it, right click on the Chrome icon and choose “Properties.” this will open a windows with the “Shortcut” tab, in this tab there is a box called “Target or Destination”. You have to change things in this box field yourself, but its easy I'll explain how.

There will text in there that will look something like this:

"C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

Note: Leave a space after the .exe" before adding a option

Example: "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -Disable-dev-tools

Also the options which we are adding after the full path of chrome can be used one after the other leaving a space between each. You don’t need to write the entire path every time you are using a new options. Just copy and paste the codes. Here are the option/codes which can be used.

Copy and paste these options to end of the target string
Code:
-Disable-dev-tools
This will disable Developers tool which is not used by a normal user for sure.
Code:
-Disable-logging

This will disable looging of browser activity, This log files are useful only in case of Crash or Other error which prevent you from using browsers. if you are experiencing any such problem and need to know the reason you can enable this option. but in general you don’t need these log files. By disabling this you will certainly save CPU RAM and Hard disk space.
Code:
-Disable-metrics-system
This option will disable gathering of Usage Statistics data. This is used by Google and we don’t need it any how so you can safely disable this option.
Code:
-Disable-metrics-reporting

If you disabled Metrics system there is no point in keeping Metrics reporting On, as there won’t be any data to send across. Disable it for sure.

****Advanced users only****

Disable anti-phishing filter:

If you are advanced web user and you know how a phishing site look like or you know how to prevent from them you can disable this option. But if you are not at all comfortable working without phishing filters or don;t want to take risk you should keep it as it is . Disabling this not only saves your CPU time but also save your Internet bandwidth. This option can also be disabled from Tools > Options > Under the Hood.

Bonus Tip: Always need a bonus Right?

Want more suggestions in the omni-box drop down?

By default Chrome only shows Five, but we can change that

Add this in the shortcut properties just like above
Code:
-omnibox-popup-count=10
You can use what ever number you want after the = sign

I prefer 10 which is usually plenty

There you go

Enjoy

You can download both of these exact posts as a PDF for future reference here
The Chrome PDF has a couple of images on the omnibox
Black Deejay
Black Deejay

https://helperhere.forumotion.com/h1-helper

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it  Empty Re: Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it

Post by Black Deejay Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Another Code for Google Chrome..
Black Deejay
Black Deejay

https://helperhere.forumotion.com/h1-helper

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it  Empty Re: Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it

Post by my.popo Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Nice share :affraid:
Google Chrome Speed Hacks - Squeeze a little more out of it

Admin..
thank in Advance...
my.popo
my.popo

https://helperhere.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GunBound Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:11 am

wahh.. ade yg terbaru.. Thanks Admin tongue
GunBound
GunBound

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 am

Thanks for share bro Admin.
Adam
Adam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down